Wednesday, June 10, 2009

School's Out for Summer!

Today was the last day of school over at Resurrection - St. Paul School. After the awards ceremony I could tell we were holding the kids attention by a very thin thread as visions of summer danced in their heads. I'm so happy for them and I pray they all have an awesome summer. They are all such great kids and they showed it once again in our closing prayer service. The students and faculty have been particularly kind and welcoming to me. They gave me a painting today which was tied into their theme this year, "We are called by name." It was my name with a Scripture verse weaved throughout. It was very appropriate and seemed to fit me well. The verse from one of the Psalms said, "God is my strength and my shield and because of that I am filled with joy." I'll tell you that I am often filled with joy when I visit the school and once I get a hang of this being pastor stuff it is my hope to be over at the school a whole lot more.
Tonight is our annual Priest/Seminarian get together up in Sparks, MD. Please continue to pray for more priests, specifically a few guys from our parish who might be interested in discerning a vocation to the priesthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment